Monday, April 25, 2005

The Greatest Idol Is You And Me

I've been hearing a resounding "Come Away" lately. Not in a sense of, get alone, spend some time with me and the usual come away. But a deep forsaking come away. I have begun to notice that even the good things in ministry can forever take you away from that place of intimacy with Jesus. I want to know Him. Well how do you get to know someone. You hang out with them.....for a long time. The shadow of His wings is looking alot more tempting these days than ever before. Ahhh to be hidden away where your only responsibility is to give glory to Him. I am convinced that somehow in this season God will raise me up to be a messenger. To what or for what I don't know. But the urgency is there. I think we are losing it, missing the point. I'm not quite there yet. It's o.k. though if I get left behind in a sense for the sake of being right where God wants me to be. I will not fake it. And no I don't agree with everything. Is that o.k. or should I just do what man tells me to do. I'm not afraid. Talk about vapor. It's your passion not mine. You are not responsible for my destiny. So why does it even matter. The other day I heard someone say that "We can go so much further together in this than we can alone". As i do agree with this statement, I want to point out, At what point do we leave those behind and what constitutes leaving them. And whos plan are we following anyway, and why are we following you in the first place. What makes your way more important. If you can't tell, I have grown weary of man depicting his/her agenda on unsuspecting believers who will believe anything the pulpit tells them. Get em in front of Jesus and get out of the way. GET OUT OF THE WAY ALREADY. I am looking forward to the day religion finally dies in this region. Until then I just want to sit before Him, my lover, my beloved. If you got time check this out.

You've got your best man on the front side
You always show your best side
And evil's always on the other side
You say this is your strategy
But son I hope you take it from me
You look just like your enemy
You're full of pride

We better trash our idols if we want to be
In the army of the Lord
And the greatest idol is you and me,
We better get on the threshing floor
When will we learn that God's strategy
Is giving glory to the Lord?
We better trash our idols if we want to be
In the army of the Lord

Star how beautiful you shine
You shine more beautiful than mine
You shine from sea to shining sea
World-wide is your strategy
But shinning star I hope you see
If the whole wide world is staring straight at you
They can't see me..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, my heart's desire - to KNOW HIM as I am known. Reading Isaiah were God talks about the vanity of the idols the Isrealites built - that they had no understanding. CS Lewis said that even the progigal son came home on his own feet, yet such is the LOVE of GOD that He brings us back kicking and screaming. My flesh screams to stay yet my spirit cries "YES!!! Come Lord Jesus!" It is then that I am confronted with my own vanity and need for understanding.

This was a very encouraging word my friend.

P.S. what happened to the tune?