Monday, April 04, 2005

Life's Lessons

Well yesterday I was totally blown away by finding out that someone whom I have conversed and prayed with at least once a week for pretty much the last two years had wondered about my motives in prayer, whether my prayers were godly or not. At first this hurt me personally because I felt that they should know my heart by now. Well that feeling was short lived when I realized that something that came out of my mouth almost sabotaged this person with being involved in the House of Prayer and I shortly realized my hurt feelings are unjustified because the enemy almost took this person out of God's house because of something I prayed. That was a huge learning experience for me. I have always prayed that, if anything, that I would be known as a friend of God. For me there is no other higher way to be esteemed by man then to be known as a friend of God. One time I read that Martin Smith of Delerious had just finished a recording session with Matt Redman and he was quoted saying "When I had left the studio, I knew that I had just been with a friend of God". I relize now that we can't just expect everyone to know are hearts in this way. I have friends that if they mess up in the middle of a prayer and say something that seems outlandish like "Lord let us have selfish love" or "Lord we want to be annointed like when they annointed Aaron's bread", (yes, I said bread) that I know there heart is in love with God and that God knows what they meant. All of us have been so wounded by the wolf in sheeps clothing that it is hard to trust anyone and I know that is just the way the enemy wants it. The words "you can trust me" don't hold much weight anymore. I know that it is hard to tell sometimes who is operating in the false-self but we have to trust that GOD has our best interest at heart. All in all I learned that I am ready to take any blame for whatever I made someone feel because I no longer need to defend myself. I know and trust that Jesus, my Bridegroom loves me for who I am and is the only one who truly knows me and He will cut away every lie that has been spoken over or about me. I am justified through Jesus Christ and Him alone and He is my Defender. Anyway I talked with the person and we are all good and what the ememy has meant for separation Jesus has restored and has proven Himself faithful and the Healer in all thing. Thanks Jesus, to You be the Glory!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right! Any lies spoken about you WILL be cut away because He knows your heart and so do I. It's weird but I like when you cry in front of me. It makes me feel connected to the deep places of you. I'm a nerd.

Anonymous said...

I was encouraged by where you heart was at with the whole thing! Isn't it cool to be faced with challanges from time to time only to find out that you handled it better than you would have a couple of years or months ago. I like it when I notice that my heart has changed a little.
Press on!