Monday, April 11, 2005

The Song the Humble Ear Hears

Ask I walk this whole thing out I'm begining to notice more and more the importance of humility. I realize humility is so much more than thinking "hey, I'm the stuff" or whatever. Check out part of this study (kinda) I'm doing on humility

1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

This let's us see that a meek and quiet spirit is thought of greatly by God. I'm begining to believe that you cannot make yourself have a meek and quiet spirit because I feel like if you have conciously to do it or think it, then it means that which is hidden in your heart is not humble the way God desires. There is no way I'm saying that true humility is unattainable but there are characteristics to a truly humble person.

Humble Person / vs. / ME
Speaks when spoken to / I always feel I gotta get my word in
Serves others before themselves / Most of the time my needs are most important
Doesn't judge / My sin meeter of comparing my sin with others tends to go off sometimes.

All in all, I know I need some work. God is doing something in me to quiet my spirit, I can feel it. The enemy has been whispering thoughts in my head calling me "The Ministry Jester". He knows my woundedness. You see sometimes with all the deepness going on around me I feel that people don't take my words seriously or as revelation. Whether they do or not, doesn't dispose the lie until Jesus tells me so. So I'm still searching and waiting for God to speak but in the meantime I struggle with validation. I don't have a fear of man, but I do have want from man. Why this is I'm not quite sure. This is my roadblock to humility in it's truest form. How can I have a true meek spirit if I'm (unknown to me sometimes) trying to baffle man with my revelation of God. I prayed today to God that I was so tired of feeling like I gotta say something deep and I felt the Lord say to my spirit.
"That's why it's our secret place. You know things in which I reveal to you in my timing. It's our secret. No one can take that from us, I promise. You know, and I know, that no one hears what I want to say to you, like you do".
After that I was like "WOW".Only I can hear what He wants to say to me. No one else can do that, and unknown to me at the time but now I know, that he validated me, the way my heavenly Father always does. That's all for now, I got harp & bowl briefing in ten minutes. Check out these definitions:

hum·ble:
1. Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
2. Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.
meek:
1. Showing patience and humility; gentle.
2. Easily imposed on; submissive.
mod·est:
1. Having or showing a moderate estimation of one's own talents, abilities, and value.
2. Having or proceeding from a disinclination to call attention to oneself; retiring or diffident.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love You!

abc said...

give me a couple of weeks, and maybe I will be able to fully comment on this. That is so deep and so full of truth. Eric, you are on to something! I can't wait to hear you preach on this!