Friday, March 03, 2006

I'm In Love

Recently I aquired a "Boss AD 8 acoustic guitar processor". Now if your a non musician or non guitar player you may not understand what the big deal is, let me explain. The ad 8 allows my "Morgan Monroe Serenade" electric acoustic (pictured-retail $599)sound like a $2000 Martin through a process of COSM modeling (Composite Object Sound Modeling). For guys like me (rich in spirit, poor in finance) this is a dream come true. You see I mostly play electric acoustic and rarely ever play unplugged. So this is perfect for my situation. I love the playability of my guitar and it sounds good plugged straight into a P.A. I've had no complaints. But now the sound is amazing. I gotta give it up for Boss and this pedal. The pedal also offers features like reverb, mic modeling position and a built in tuner with a mute function. Also on the pedalboard is a Boss Chorus CE-5 and an RC20 Looper with a Rolls headphone amp and an Art tube preamp direct box. Now I am set. The last feture I could ever desire is a Boss Digital Delay (maybe way later). Oh yeah, here are the models of acoustics achieved through the Boss.

Martin D-28 mic'd by a Nuemann U87, Martin 000-28 mic'd by a Nuemann U67, Gibson J-45 mic'd by a Nuemann U67, Gibson B-25 mic'd by a Nuemann U87, Guild D-40 mic'd by a AKG C12 and a Jose' Ramirez mic'd by a AKG C12

My Guitar

My New Toy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always said you fall in love easily.

Anonymous said...

Oh Eric,
Boy oh, boy did you bring back the memories!! You are certainly most absolutely your fathers' son! Give my regards to your wife!
Your unconditional loving Mother :}
PS. I really am happy for you. I know, just like a carpenter..... you need your tools!

Anonymous said...

PSS. I fully expect my CD in the mail THIS week. No ifs ands or buts about it PERIOD
(big kiss), I'm totally serious. Enough chances with you kiddo, don't you forget.....I'm your MA!

Jay said...

yeah, i definitely agree, not only will you be able to process full rich sounds, but you will also be able to adjust the secondary track matrix and play with the accuracy of the variable feedback module controller! i mean, how awesome is that! to have the opportunity to finesse the x-y coordinates and track sampler grooves will certainly assist your output diode and vacuum tubes! you go!