Sunday, June 25, 2006

A New Leaf

Well I said that I would try to post every Friday and it has now been over a month since I last posted. Speaking of, I saw a great T-Shirt yesterday that a friend was wearing. It was all black and on the front in red letters it said "Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow". I was like "Dude that shirt rocks". As you can see I identified with it. Than I got to thinking, "Man I am so that way in my spiritual life and life in general that I have suffered consequences in both." In my spiritual walk I have said things like, "I need to read the word more or I need more time with the Lord, I need to spend more time with my family discussing Godly things" in the natural I have been known to put bills off, and avoid situations that need attention, and say "I need to write more". Yesterday I noticed finally and harshly, I am a procrastinator. And for once it didn't feel like a joke, it felt real. Not that I want to read the word and pray more because of performance based relation with God, but because I know I will benefit from it in my decision making for my future and for the lives of my kids. In essence I need to stop talking about how I am a Christian and in love with God and actually BE a Christian and LOVE God. I and my generation hurts because of this horrible trait, and we seem to just wait for everything to fix itself. I don't know about you but I want my yes to be yes. Ahem....next Friday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome. there's a scene in rocky 4 when rocky's trainer looks at him and says, you know what to do... now do it. do it. i think about that alot because it is so easy to push stuff off til tomorrow (and beyond). i guess it goes to show that making goals and a plan for living is so important. i think ultimately it brings freedom to live a focused life... not being ruled by the tyranny of the urgent appeals to me. and usually the tyranny of the urgent comes from procrastination and not focused living. the thing is, we often don't realize that it affects everyone around us. my emergency may have significant affects on the day of those who work with me, etc. anyway... it's cool that you recognize it and are doing something about it.

Anonymous said...

It is an awakening when we realize "I talk the talk, but don't walk the walk."
When this realization comes to be.... that is called growth. Now....since God has shown you this...'light bulb moment' are you going forward or will you say.."I'll do that later when..." When is when?
The Lord gave you a beautiful family, you are so blessed, so far from what you realize.. treat them as the treasures they are. That is one thing you will never regret. Take it from someone who knows. Don't have 'If only...' in your vocabulary. I love you my free spirited child. You are who you are... but Jesus makes miraculous changes in us. Make his miracle in you worthy.Cherish your family.. these are some of the best days of you life.. don't let them pass you by. Eat up every delicious moment with them. Be the change you want to see in the world. And one more thing....... CALL YOUR MOTHER! (messenger would be just fine!) and where is my CD?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted and broke the silence! Yeah, living a focused life is tough. You're pretty sure not to make many people happy by not bending to every whim but I think it's worth it. I just re-did my schedule and so maybe it's going around?