Thursday, November 23, 2006

Cool Quote

So I was watching Larry King live last night. His guest was James Dobson of Focus on the Family. Larry King decided to ask him his thoughts on hurricane Katrina and why he thinks God would do something like this. James Dobsons reply was simply this:
"I, by no means, understand what is going on in the mind of God as much as a dog can understand what's going on in mine". After hearing this I was reminded that faith is still at the helm of the ship. Remember folks that we can think we understand what God is doing in our time but we still only see dimly as looking through a glass. When we are so driven by what we believe God is doing. It may be time to step back and question our motives and agenda. I am not called to understand why God does what He does. I am called to love Him with everything I have and to love others as I love myself. We can spend a life time trying to accomplish understanding of our King. But it will surely be wasted if we do not love in the capacity that He desires us to love. Seek love over all things and truly the mysteries of God will be revealed to us in the right time according to His will. Now if I could just figure out how to love myself.

No comments: