Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back In The Studio

Well my Dad has lined up some studio time for me in the basement of Neil Kyle. Yes, Mike and Neil will be helping me on this project as well as my Dad. This is good because I feel the Kyles get a good sense of my musical style from our little stint with Jubal Forest. I will be recording some old and some new, eventually creating a good sounding studio Cd. So far this is where I'm going with the song selection

I Believe
Thunder In Me (Worthy)
You Alone (King of Kings)
My Everything
You are Good
Falling

Here are some that I would like to do if possible, to round out a full album
Arise O Lord
Remain
Capture Me

Plus I have some that I'm currently writing which I hope to have done during this time. Also a lot of the songs need to be reworked in places and lyric tightened up a little. It's all part of the process but I'm looking forward to it. We are meeting this Monday so I'll be sure to post, not only to journal the experience for myself but to let you all in on the process. Which it is a long one. Please keep me in your prayers. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and with the right people. So God is definitely lining it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eric - i can not wait to hear it.

naturally, i would love to hear a studio cut of rescue me since it is one of my favorite songs, but you did it such justice on the live album maybe it should remain like that... but hey, remember those "secret tracks" on albums in the 90s?

Corey Stark said...

Eric I'm so proud of you! You've always had a great ability to express your heart to the Lord through song.
Know that our prayers are with you!
Corey, Mert & Samii