Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jeez

I woke up this morning to find that the wind had blown in such a correct manner to catch the tarp covering my motorcycle. Needless to say, the wind knocked it over. When I looked out my front window I was kinda in disbelief. Luckily there were only a few minor scratches. I decided to put the bike on my back porch so the wind could not catch a full gust, strong enough to knock over a motorcycle anyway. I haven't posted in a long time and I don't feel bad about it. Usually I do, but this time I don't. I've been really trying to understand where God wants us to go, as a worship team and congregation. Our Sunday mornings have been good (with a few snags here and there, musically). People seem to be drawing closer to God and there is an excitement and a refreshing that comes along with it. But more about that in another post. This one is just to catch up. My friends "The Scheids" are coming home in late May and I am eager to hang and seek and play music with my friend Kris again. Plus having Jean and the kids back makes for an exciting summer for me, my wife and family. I'm looking forward to the warm weather this year like never before. I'm just ready to open the windows and really enjoy spring. I sure by the time it gets really hot I will long for fall. But, that's why I live here. The changing of the seasons is awesome. But the older I get, the more I long for a consistent temperature. You know, like 77 - 87 degrees, all year around. Well I'm gonna bail now. The day is full of things to do and places to rest.

3 comments:

Jay said...

eric - two things:
if you want consistent temperatures, you may want to think about moving...to...hawaii (imagine rob bell saying that part).

why is "The Scheids" in quotes? is that their FBI Witness Protection name or something?

just messing with you man. glad you did post again. i would like to hear your thoughts on sunday worship.

Anonymous said...

The weather? That's why your Ma lives in Florida! I got your rooms all ready for ya...just a waitin'...

Anonymous said...

So are the Scheids moving back into the area or just visiting? I'm glad you're posting again. I like hearing what E-Dub is up to. :)