Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Recording Session 2

This week we hopefully knocked out two songs. When I say knocked out, I'm referring to nailing the drum parts. Everything else can be overdubbed as needed. We set out to record the song "You are good" and in doing so, it seemed to go pretty smooth. We did maybe five takes and all of them seemed pretty good. Now we can pick and choose which was the best. After that we felt pretty good so we decided to take a run at "Thunder in me". We took two takes and it really sounded good. Hopefully we were able to get those two songs wired in. Here are the lyrics to both songs.

You are Good:

Oh Lord, I am waiting, to hear You speak my name
For Your voice is sweet and Your love endures me

Oh Lord, if You are for me, then who can be against me
Even though I’m weak, You are strong

You are good, You are faithful
I am Yours, You are mine


Thunder in Me:

You thunder in me, shaking me to change
Your burning, what's inside me, only You remain
You were broken beaten, Your blood poured out for me
King of the redeemed, to You we will sing

Worthy You are Worthy Worthy is the Lord

Your beauty defines me , You are all I crave
Jasper, resounding, in Your majesty

Worthy You are Worthy Worthy is the Lord

We are waiting for Your great return
Awaken the watchmen let the incense burn
Gather the people to the House of the Lord
Surely He is coming sound the alarm

Hopefully we can knock out two more next week. Please keep us in your prayers. I also have been working hard on compiling all of my songs together. I went through my books and it seems I have about twenty three completed songs. Now the task is being able to pick the cream of the crop, which is hard to do because I have a personal attachment to them all. I think I might put that job in the hands of someone else. Plus it's interesting to hear the different styles of the songs. There are about three that are straight up bluegrass, as amazing as it may seem. Maybe that comes from all the years of listening to classic bluegrass and fixating on the Grateful Deads music. Just be prepared, this record is gonna contain blues, rock, bluegrass, arena rock, alternative and funk. But trust me, it won't be all over the place as much to sound like a compilation cd or anything. The key is in the placement of the songs. Like I said, keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll take that job! Have I told you how proud I am of you my free spirited child?

I'm truly amazed by you, by all you say and do.
You're heart, spirit and love has most surely come from above.
I'm so blessed, more than words can say,
I know God listens when He hears mothers pray.
That simple prayer of "God just let him do Your will",
And now, it's humble hearts you fill.
Always remember to do your best,
cuz when that happens, God does the rest.
I thank God for you everyday, so happy, so happy you have found The Way!
Love,
your Ma