Thursday, April 14, 2005

Faithful to the Unfaithful

It never ceases to amaze me how God is absolutely faithful even when I am so unfaithful with what He's given me. He blesses me in so many ways though I fail in twice as many. I can only wonder if I were to actually be faithful in my problem areas the amount of blessing He would bestow upon me. Why is it that everytime I fall or mismanage money or something God is right there to pick up the pieces. It is a constant reminder to me that I am so incapable of walking this walk alone. I get so frustrated following my kids around, making sure they cleaned their room or that they didn't spill their juice or make crumbs in the living room, and now I relize my frustration in totally selfish and ridiculous. This is my prayer "God, will you help me to overcome my relentless selfishness. Will you create in me a heart of compassion to help people and to minister your love to them without any ulterior motives of being recognized by man. Would you allow me to forgive the unforgivable. Regardless of circumstance. Give me strength to embrace the changes of my heart. And thank You for caring for me so much that You would never allow me to be in a place of complacency. In Jesus name....Amen"

1 comment:

abc said...

The thing is, I can see that He IS already doing that in you. You have changed so much in just the two short years that I have known you. He is changing your heart and preparing you for very good things. You and Erin will look back years from now when the rugrats are grown and off preaching their own sermons, and say WOW, look at what the Lord has done.