Sunday, May 15, 2005

I'm Ready To Be Born Again.......Again

I am falling in love with Jesus. Literally. I can say that loving Him has always been an alternate reality of some kind. It was until I found that Jesus was the reality, that it was so difficult. I have never known this kind of love. A love that exists with a stranger, One that I cannot see or touch. My love exists only by faith. A faith that says He is Who He says He is. The more I read His words the more infatuated I am in Him. I want to quiet my soul being submissive to Him. I want to forget about all of the hype and be free to love. Oh God You are changing me and I do not know who I was before. Sometimes I run across songs that I wrote along time ago. At the time they may not have made much sense. But God is timely. Here's an excerpt from "You are the One" that I wrote probably in 2001 sometime. "Lord take this old man with his habits. For I long to live in Your light. If You would give me the strength I would grab it, and I would hold on tight". This has been my life for the past two months. There are many lyrics. Maybe I'll post a whole song one day. Anyway this my Psalm for the month.

Psa 131:1 Jehovah, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty; Neither do I exercise myself in great matters, Or in things too wonderful for me.
Psa 131:2 Surely I have stilled and quieted my soul; Like a weaned child with his mother, Like a weaned child is my soul within me.
Psa 131:3 O Israel, hope in Jehovah From this time forth and for evermore.

(Message Version)

Psa 131:1 GOD, I'm not trying to rule the roost, I don't want to be king of the mountain. I haven't meddled where I have no business or fantasized grandiose plans.
Psa 131:2 I've kept my feet on the ground, I've cultivated a quiet heart. Like a baby content in its mother's arms, my soul is a baby content.
Psa 131:3 Wait, Israel, for GOD. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always!

1 comment:

abc said...

You never fail to not only inspire me to press on, but to cause me to search my own heart and motives for the humility and purity that I am called to have. Thank you, Preacher, for giving me meat to chew on.