Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Caution, Home Recording In Process

Well I decided to start recording again. Right now I am concentrating on writing new songs and recording them as I go. The result will hopefully conclude in a positive experience, digging deeper into the beauty and majesty of Jesus. I am, at the moment, reconfiguring my laptop into the home internet machine and my home computer into the recording machine. Lots of moving programs around, getting rid of useless stuff, blah, blah, blah. Later, I will take a pic of my new home operation so you can see it in all it's glory (yeah right). I am eager to get started. Eventually I will colaberate with other musicians in order to complete the cd. This time I want to do it right as far as packaging and distribution. As far as the live cd goes. I want to package it right one day. It was only 2 years since the recording of that cd (10.31.03) but it feels like decades. I've gotten such a good response from it that I want to eventually redesign the whole thing (lyrics on the insert...uh...an actual insert). Josh Petrillo gave it the album of the year in 2004. Anyway, I will mostly be focused on making this cd a worship cd, since my heart has been engulfed in worship for the past 2 years. I relized something while cleaning my daughters room today. It seemed the more I dug in, the messier it got. When I said that statement to myself I paused. Wow, "the deeper I go, the messier it gets" I thought. Worship is not about being proper or singing the right song or wearing the right clothes (not in conjuntion with the levites in old testament). But it's a filthy, knock down, zealous, fight. And the deeper we go, the messier it gets. You see, the flesh wants to do everything it can to kill our God given desire to worship Him. So in the midst of it, all this junk comes up, emotional and physical. But here is a thought to ponder. When it gets real messy, I mean, REAL messy, think of this. It's got to be tainted before it's purified. Yes my friends we are all on a journey (not the band) to purification. Chances are we will be, to the last breath. So when it gets dirty..........rest easy

No comments: