Sunday, October 23, 2005

God Loves Bikers

Today I helped a friend lead worship at a church meeting called "Bikers at the Crossing" which was a group of Harley Bikers that meet twice a month at a coffeehouse (The Crossing)to worship and hear a message. The speaker was a guy named Patrick whom I met in jail when I spent time in there serving an unkown warrant for a speeding ticket and driving without a license in 1996 or something. Anyway, Patrick was in the jail with me and was then known by the jailees as "preacher man". It was good to hear Patrick speak and his message was good too. He talked about being faithful to the end and the church of Philadelphia in Rev. 3. Good stuff. It was good to go to another church and be a part of what God is doing in our region and in the lives of others. Glenn Sharp was there to which was surprising to see Glenn in a church full of bikers. Isn't God great like that :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your insight, Eric. I'm really glad you commented on my journal. I'm not sure why, but God has really put you on my heart lately. I've been wanting to talk to you, but I let my insecurity keep me from it. I apologize for that.

I want you to know how much you have helped me. There is a profound "realness" about you, where I know I'll just get what you really think. It's in a street-smart way that for some reason I understand it better than I would if it came from someone else. So thank you for giving me the time and the thought. I really appreciate it.

To change the subject a little, I'm pretty perplexed about this issue of pride. It's in this person in authority, and I know I need to embrace him/her with forgiveness, but there is a complacency towards this person that has settled in. Ever since I met him/her, it has been constant offense and hurt. I know I'm wrong in some areas, but I know I'm right too. I pray for this person, but I'm not sure really -how- to pray. If you have any other suggestions or insight for me, I'd appreciate to hear your opinion.

By the way, it's so nice to have you back in the band on Tuesdays and Sundays. You add so much.