Thursday, August 31, 2006

What??!!??

Well the concert felt really good and there was a lot of positive feedback. Though some of the songs were unknown to the majority of the people, I saw many of them singing the lyrics and they seemed to be genuinely worshipping, which I found to be exciting. There was definitely a movement of God in the room at times throughout the show. I think really all in all it was an excellent night and I was able to introduce my music to a willing audience. When it was all said and done I found out that Mike (our sound guy) plugged the HD24 recorder into the power strip that my dad normally plugs all of his gear into. And unbeknownst to him he routinely turned the power strip off at the end of the night. Now I want to make perfectly clear that there is not a single person at fault here. Simply an honest mistake and really not even that. Mike saw an outlet and plugged it in, my dad did what he does every Tuesday night and turned his power strip off, which I will say now that, Ahem.... All of the data was lost for the recording. Surprisingly I feel OK about this unfortunate event because I believe that God is in control. Now there will be no way to replace the atmosphere that was established last Tuesday, but maybe God has something else in mind ie: another show, studio recording, nothing at all. I'm not sure what God has in store but I would like to hear from all who read this for suggestions. Should I do another concert? If so, how long should I wait? Should I do it totally different? Should I just let it go? I am at peace with whatever God wants but, I believe He will make it more clear through you guys. So let a brutha know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

man oh man... that's too bad. sigh. were you able to at least capture it off the board? i was thinking they were recording there too. i know it is not a studio quality thing, but i guess it is something.

as far as my 2 cents on what to do... i really don't know. for me it was a good night, enjoyable. but i imagine we could do it again in a few months and everyone would be completely fine with it.

this is a completely different cd project than the last one. it's far more serious and subdued because JF:FYLHC was was so full of energy and life. I was going to say worshipful, but I thought the first one was worshipful...just a different flavor. anyway, do whatever you think God is leading you to do, but i'd be in favor of another recording... it could even be at another coffeehouse.

abc said...

Oh Eric!!! That is so sad because in my opinion, that was the best worship time that I have had in a LONG time. It was so great! The songs went deep and I really had freedom and connected in a new way with the Lord. God has an answer for you and He will reveal His plan when it's time, I suppose. There has to be a reason, but it's still sad, because I was there, and I can testify that it was an awesome time and God MOVED!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric--

I'm in big-time favor of you doing another concert. I loved the format. God was definitely moving the whole night, and that was the fullest I've ever seen the Meeting Place be. There were so many people who have never danced that did. There were so many people that never sang before and did. There were so many people who had never felt His spirit in that capacity, who broke down and wept at the intensity. The recording aspect is very important, to be sure. I can't wait until it does get recorded, because you know I'll be first (or second, if I get stuck behind Richy again) in line to get that cd. You are a phenomenal worship leader. On another note, face reality. This region needs worship like that more often. It's not something we can go month-to-month without. Not even day-to-day. So put me on the list that is in favor of another night like that.
End rant.