Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Man

There is this new thing on My Space that allows you to sell your songs via your "MySpace". So I'm thinkin that this sounds like a great idea and I click the link to set it up. That's when I was made aware that, for some reason or another, I have always had a suspicion about the internet and "the man". For some reason I dread using my real name on stuff and especially giving out credit card information. Don't get me wrong, I have bought things off the internet and have used e-bay a few times. But I still dread it. Ever since I was a kid I feel like I have been pumped thoroughly with doses of conspiracy theories through movies, news, media in general. The thought of always being lied to by corrupt politicians and greedy tv evangelists. It just made me think about how much stock was put into my life to make sure that I would turn out to be someone who is always questioning the motives of everything. Also not being able to trust while remaining in fear that at any moment, my life could be taken away. Then you have the issue of, is it all made up to keep us in fear. Or is it real, and made a mockery of to keep us in the dark. Don't worry I'm not a paranoid freak or nothing but I'm conscious that something suspicious is there. Oh well, maybe I'll do the song thing, not sure yet. I need to make sure the thing is ligit. Maybe I'll give it a few months while I work on my "suspicions of the man" :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I never thought I had a woman's intuition, over the years, I have learned to trust my gut. If I feel uneasy about something, it's something I shouldn't do. I now see that is a God given gift. After all, He has to get our attention one way or another. :)

Anonymous said...

I would do some online checks. Normally, if something is not legitimate, or if there are any flaws whatsoever, there's someone out there that's been suckered into it and angry about it. Whenever I have doubts, I look it up. Most often, my doubts were confirmed, so I agree with Linda. If all else fails, trust your gut.