Friday, August 31, 2007

I Miss My Friends

I would like to say that I miss Kris and Jean. There is rarely a time when you run across a brother who not only is fun to hang out with but is as real as it gets. Kris was and is just that to me. Here was a man that seemed to never judge me for my mistakes and only encouraged me to be all that God wants me to be. He never said those specific words to me but through his actions and him sharing his struggles with me, I would assume it would be something he would say. We are on this journey and it never fails that God will bring the right people into your life at the right time. Kris undoubtedly taught me how to relax and let God work things out. And all of this he did by just living his life. A servant and a brother he is. I would just like to say that it is very rare when people like this come along. This is for Jean too. These are the kind of people that open their home to people in need and give their time for the good of the cause. They live it out, every stinking hard step that it is, they live it out. When they left, there was no grand send off, no tears, no remember whens, no recognition of service. Let it be said that God uses people like this because they never looked for recognition. Only some friends to share their lives with. One of the last things I said to Kris and Jean before they left was "Well man, I just want you to know that you guys will always have friends up north, remember that." I trust that being called a friend to them, is just as important as it is to me, and as it is to God. It is an honor to have them as friends. It makes me want to look around and see what valuable friendships I have overlooked because of just plain stupidness. Kill the clique, find a friend.

*Kris and Jean don't actually dress like this - this was an 80's party

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"kill the clique, find a friend?" that's just funny to me for some reason. it sounds like a phrase from a 80s after school special.

but i ujnderstand what you are saying.

i was also glad to see the disclaimer at the end. they definitely did not look this way all the time. haha!