Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Oh Jeez



My friend Ryan who moved to South Carolina awhile ago came for a visit. Ryan is a real friend and has been hugely missed by me. For me, he is a breath of fresh air because he pursues God in a way that most people don't. Fervently. Ryan is a gifted painter and musician and I just miss hanging out. Sometimes I struggle with boredom. Not that I want to be constantly doing something because I love to relax too, but there seems to be a fine line. Let me give an example of an average thought process that creates a feeling of boredom."Hmm, I'm bored maybe I should find something to do, well, I'm sick of the Internet, Every video game I have I've played a million times, T.V. is lame and there is nothing interesting ever on and Seinfeld doesn't come on till' like ten, Maybe I should read, Arrrg reading makes me tired and I don't want to sleep." That's just an example, I know, I know, I should pray or do something constructive but let me tell ya folks, I've made it a habit to pray continually through conversation in my normal relationship with Jesus, not to say that I shouldn't make time to meditate. But at this time, I hardly have the attention span. I know maybe I can go for a ride (motorcycle that is). That always seems to clear my mind in a way that nothing else can. And it relieves boredom. In other news it's interesting to see the many changes taking place as I mentioned in my last post. Through everything I notice more and more the changes that are happening in me. How God is allowing me to understand the dynamics in relationships and how they work. I'm not saying that I have attained anything. Far from it. But God is letting me grow and I can say, I'm not who I was yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about bordom. My grandpa was just telling me a while back how when I was yunger I would be so bored with anything I did. It is truly amazing how bordom can ware you out. :) But like you said, taking a nice ride on your bike, and spending time with God is a great way to defeat bordom.

God bless you and your family.
Faith