Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recording Session 3

Last Monday I found myself in Neils basement recording a song I wrote about 2 years ago originally called "Falling In Love" and then referred to as "Falling"(to many mushy things sometimes and I don't want to seem like I have Jesus is my boyfriend syndrome) into now being called "If I Fall". The song is a two part song so the second half needed a name. So in essence the song is now called "If I fall(Draw me Away)". Let's hear it for the two part song name. Iknow, Iknow......lame. Anyway, this song is really meaningful to me as it represents my ongoing struggle with honesty before God and myself. I have never actually got to hear the song as I heard it in my head until Monday. It has a nice flow and completely expresses the emotion of the lyrics musically if that makes sense. We had to record the song in two different segments as there are two different time signatures in the song. We did about five takes of each part and will sort it out later. The lyrics are as follows

If I fall(Draw me Away)

These days are getting shorter, and the nights are so long
When it seems that every choice I make, just turns out all wrong
But through everything that I have gained, I count it all as loss
For the sake of knowing You, to carry my cross

If I fall let it be, that I'm falling in love with You

All that You are, is all that I need
A Healer, a Saviour and a Lover, King of Kings
The higher I lift You, the lower I go
Now that I've found You, I will never let You go

If I fall let it be, that I'm falling in love with You

Take my life, only You remain
Draw me away, kiss me again

Draw me away, draw me away, draw me away


It should be interesting once this recording is complete because there are a lot of things to get in place. Instrument parts, vocals, soloists, choirs, samples, you know, parts. It's becoming a full time job if I really ever plan on getting this done. I NEED PRAYER!!

*all lyrics are subject to change during the recording process*

Check this out for a really cool recording session

No comments: