Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Recording Session 4 / Bringin' The Bass




Well I was off to my Dads today to lay down some bass tracks for as many songs as I could. I was able to record on "Thunder In Me" and "If I Fall". Those are the longest songs thus far so later I hope to get some more done. Last Monday we laid the tracks for "I'm Alive" and "You Alone". It went real smooth and I can't wait to get the bass and vocals down on those. We are six songs in the mix so we need to record at least six more, I would hope, to have a full cd. Here are the lyrics for "I'm Alive and "You Alone".

I'm Alive:

Your right, I know better than this
To be doing the things that I’ve been
Truth, I know it comes from Your lips
And the lie is in willful sin

All my life I’ve been running in my head
In their eyes I am the walking dead but I am alive

Now I lay before Your mighty throne
In hope that You would cleanse me
Bound, by this lust and wickedness
I am Yours to be made free

All my life I’ve been running in my head
In their eyes I am the walking dead but I am alive

I know that I have turned away from You
And at times, I’m even angry
Here I am so helpless and alone
You are my hope and my day spring

All my life I’ve been running in my head
In their eyes I am the walking dead but I am alive


You Alone:

King of Kings, to You I bow
Before Your Mighty Throne
Lord of Lord I lift my voice
To You and You alone

Hallelujah

Also check out the pics from my Dads home studio and catch a sneek peek of "I Believe" on my mini player (to the right). Keep in mind that there are no vacals on the track and it is a rough mix down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Alive! Still one of my favorites...

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need any doo wop vocals in the background of the songs... :-) I will do it for free... the recording is so much fun... then again you have a wife with a beautiful voice... so scratch that! K. Bye... wanted you to know that someone looks at your site. ~Betsilish

Anonymous said...

This is exciting! I am praying that everything goes extra smooth with this recording. This has been a long time coming for you and your perseverance is inspiring. I would second Betsilish's comment about your wife's beautiful voice. I miss hearing it and hope that she will be one the CD.
Blessings!