Friday, June 27, 2008

Hey,Hey,Hey

Well the bass parts are done, now the focus begins on guitar overdubs. This is the funnest part for me. This is a time where the creative juices start to flow. The layering everything together starts to happen about this time. Then, all that would be left is the vocals which can be tedious. Then the final mix. Ahhhh, we are so close. After it is all mixed I want to place the Cd in a couple of good artists hands, and let them listen to it. I want the art on the Cd to represent what is inside, on the Cd. I don't want some cheesy picture of me staring off into the sunset, or better yet, leaning up on a building wall in the city somewhere. Those cover shots have been done over a hundred times. I really want good solid God ordained art on the cover. Which leads me to the best transition of all. My friend Ryan is not only a dear brother, but a phenomenal artist. Not only is he an artist he is a musician and muralist as well. I can't wait to get this Cd in Ryan's hands to see what God comes up with. I am a little scared though as I know Ryan will not pour on the fluff as to what he thinks about the music on the Cd (be gentle bro). Anyway, Here is some of Ryan's art. Remember that these murals are on flat walls. The one in the big auditorium is at Morning Star where Ryan goes to church in North Carolina. Check these out.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love his stuff! He actually may be doing a mural at our new apartment complex in the courtyard area. There is this huge brick wall and it would be awesome to have him do something.