Sunday, October 26, 2008

Shulamite Invitational

Well this was my first fundraiser to ever put on or be in charge of. It was pretty nerve racking but I'm glad to say that everything turned out way better than I could have imagined. The fundraiser was to raise funds needed to purchase equipment to further the process of opening a recording studio. Eventually it would be nice to be able to have a quality recording studio to record music, messages and whatever. Not only that but to help singer/songwriters and worship teams from other churches with a chance to record a quality cd. We also want to be able to extend our services in a mobile sense going to there place of worship to record live. It's a dream but I believe that God wants to bless it. We made a lot more than I ever could of thought. Plus we had fun and got to communify a bunch. The fundraiser consisted of a hog roast, silent bake auction, hay ride, skateboard ramps, a bonfire, wonderful Indiana October weather, good music and finally a horseshoe tournament. Yep, a horseshoe tournament. There are a lot of good horseshoe players out there and we were able to set up a eight team tournament with one late entry. The battles were fierce and the finals ended up being Rick Thompson and Michael (the wonderful man who roasted the hog) vs. Kris Scheid and myself. It was a hard fought game as we were in the lead. Then I threw my second ringer which was canceled as Rick threw his own upon mine. This cancellation gave Rick and Mike the lead. The game eventually was getting to be a nail biter as the score was suddenly 19-19 (we play to 21). It was Mikes throw...................no points...............it all came down to Kris. Two more points is all we need...............he throws...............1 point..............................last throw.............it skips...............right into a point. We ended up winning 21-19. We came away with the "Golden Shoes" which we have to put on the line next year at The First Annual Shulamite Invitational. Like I said, lots of fun and we raised more money than expected. I think I could only possibly put together a fundraiser once a year. Too stressful to do this for a living.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man i hear it went good even with the weather that is great. I wish i could of been there but thats all cool. I bet you want this
http://www.jthaudio.com/images/yamaham7cl.jpg

I like mixing on these they are so user friendly, and the sound quality is better on it

God Bless
Robert