Thursday, April 21, 2005

My Rant

I was just thinking about this time that a lady came up to me and said this "I remember when you first started coming here and I was like, who is this guy, because you were dressed all strange and I just think you look much better now". This comment the anonnomous lady made would have been great other than the fact that she just started coming to the church three years ago and I have been here for eight. This made me think about people and the church in general. When this lady said what she said I was instantly hurt. Not because she said I dressed strange but because she really thought I had just started coming here. I was thinking to myself, I have been on this worship team for seven or more years and you never noticed I was there when you first started coming. This just gets to the deeper issue inside of me that says "You don't have a voice at voice" My voice consists of picking songs for worship. I am sick with church and it's programs and it's meetings and it's government. I don't really even want to lead corporate worship anymore or lead any teams. I just want to write music to my lover. I would rather leave the legistics to someone else. There is still something there that wants to be accepted as a man of God from my leadership. maybe one day I'll figure out what that is. Until then I'm just gonna stay silent. The way it should be. In the words of Jason Upton "Cause I’d rather stand here speechless, With no great words to say, If my silence is more truthful, And my ears can hear how to walk in your way"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am shocked. When I first read this, I nearly started crying. I can't picture what Voice would be like without you as a leader. I can't speak for others, but I can speak for myself. The passion you display for Jesus... it is so moving, so awesome... I can't describe what it is to watch someone worship with such abandon, and then participate, all together in a state of such worship...

You have made yourself vulnerable to people who have apparently hurt you. I just hope you don't feel unappreciated. However you feel you need to get closer to God, do it. It's my greedy wants that is reluctant to want to see you off the stage. And I may not be a three year member of Voice, a little under five months. Every time you have opened yourself in worship, and then with your testimony, and now with your journal, it has been very moving. You help people. And whether you mean to or not, you do lead. Such a passionate, broken love for our Savior... people can't help but be drawn to it. We want to burn too...

You are appreciated. Not completely and fully by man, I just picture the smile you must create on Jesus's face when you lead such awesome worship...