Saturday, April 23, 2005

Today I'm Resting

AAhhhh, Saturdays. Sometimes it can be so wonderful knowing that you have absolutly nothing that you need to do. I'm starting to recognize the importance of God creating a sabbath. My week is so filled with what I like to call, organized chaos/things I gotta do that I forget to just rest. I need days like this where I can sort of recoop from the stresses of life, family and ministry and just rest in the Lord. Not only do I think that it's good to rest but I think that it is something that God desires from us. I understand the verse that talks about the pharisee asking if it is lawful to heal on the sabbath and Jesus busting him out. I mean if my daughter needed help because she crashed her bike outside I mean, c'mon, I would help her. Nevertheless, I believe it is important that we do set aside a day to just rest in the Lord with our families. And if God has other plans then He has room to move. But if he doesn't, I just need that one day.

No comments: