Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Help With My Song

Ok, a couple of posts back I talked about a song I was writing and that maybe I need help with another verse and or bridge. Please don't be offended if I don't use your verse because there are certain things that it must have, for example, it has to fit with the chord progression, any way here's what I got.

Verse:

You, don't have to explain, this love comes with pain, that I am willing to endure.
Sometimes, it's hard to comprehend, how a lover and a friend, can also be my cure.

Pre-Chorus:

But You know that I trust You, and You know right where I stand.
And in the valley I will wait for You, my Lord, my Friend.

Chorus:

Jesus, You're all that I have in this life
Jesus, You've made me Your beautiful wife.
And I accept the invitation, to the suffering.
It's where my heart, and Yours, collide.

Ok the rest is up to you. Try to keep the same flow if you can and remember, writing is all about experience. So don't try to write about something you haven't been through. If these words stick out to you then pray and ask God to give you the words to articulate His heart and yours. People write songs all the time together so this won't be a first. But it is a way for us to communicate and come together. And we don't even have to be in the same room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does it have to rhyme?

Throne Room Lush said...

when writng a song or poem from the heart. I try to never hinder myself because of a rhyme. if a line comes and a rhyme is present, then go for it.