Friday, August 12, 2005

Done Deal

So I was gonna post something right after I got home from my surgery but I was in such a stuper from a mix of morphine, anastesia and pain killers that I couldn't figure out how. I did however mange to post a comment on my wifes site that contained some friendly cuss words and sentences that didn't make sence that she had to erase it, although all four sentences were about how cool she is. Anyway I'm coming out of my stuper and I apoligize to anyone who came and saw me that I may have offended. The surgery went well and I am pleased to say that I am not as coughy as I was. Anyhow it went like this.
I went in to get preped and the knockout docter put the IV in a vein right above my left knuckle and started asking me questions while this other doctor was trying to put another type of nescessary needle in my right wrist. After three tries he gave up and my Dad,Lisa,Bob,Bruce,Stan and my wife came into pray for me. All I remember after that was waking up to a nurse asking me what I was doing there. I told her I was there to get a lymph node takin out of my lung for a biopsy. She said "That's exactly right" with that perky nurse like tone and then it hit me, it was over. I felt around and I had a tube hanging out of my chest that was draing what I'll call "fluid". When they pulled it out, there was about 8-10 inches of tube going to my lung. It hurt!! I also had a catheter, hey theres a first time for everything. That's all I'll say about that.
Now It's time for rest. I'm so tired all the time, with the meds and all. I'll post more often now that I have time and a kinda clearer mind. Though You slay me, I will trust You Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, man i wanted to come up there and see you, but you were gone... so i guess you are home now and hopefully doing well. praying for you eric.